Today's auction was stressful as promised. There were about 14 bidders that showed up for this one. I was clerking on the fly and doing check in / check out. Not an easy task. If someone comes in or leaves the whole auction needs to stop so that I can switch screens and get them checked in or out. Clerking on the fly...when something comes up across the block to sell, I have to put in the lot number, consignor number, description, hammer price and bidder number. It must be done in that order or the whole program gets confused and won't let me sell an item. Getting the ringers and auctioneer to acknowledge the fact that I'm needing the information in THAT order is difficult at best. Getting them to acknowledge the fact that they need to stop selling things while I get someone checked in or out is even more difficult. So, at one point, I was 3 lots behind due to them continuing to sell while I was checking people out. For some reason,the clerking desk is also the information central. I don't care if it's the person's first auction, or if they're seasoned veterans to auctions they always, without fail, feel the need to ask me all sorts of questions. Really we should have had 2 people with 2 computers doing the jobs I was doing....but... no such luck this time. It worked out in the end. I was able to catch their attention and stop the auction for a few minutes while I proved my inability to be super woman and showed the entire crowd my unprofessionalisim in order to catch up. That should bring them back! I guess I should just chalk it up to something else I can't do right.
The IBS was acting up today. Still is. My stomach hurts really bad. I've got some serious pain going on in the right side. No, it's not the appendix. I'm pretty sure of that. I don't understand how I have anything left in me. This will make for an interesting night. Nausea and diarrhea. (Side note...this blog took longer than it should have due to trips to the restroom. Frequency is a problem!)
The HS? Oh. Now that's pain! I've got new bumpies in the axle and groin. One of the ones down stairs is draining. This one burns and hurts. I've been lucky up to this point where it's only been the right axle that's been affected. I kinda feel one trying to creep up on the left side now. How do you explain to someone that has no idea how bad this hurts? I don't think anyone really gets it. They've had painful cysts before, so they think they understand. HS is more than just cysts. It hurts down deep. The sinus tracts, tunneling, and scar tissue make each and every small little pimple sized cyst feel like it's been multiplied times a thousand.
I'm going to stop here. This is the part that gets way too personal, and I just don't feel comfortable sharing the rest of the HS story.
I guess I just suck at communicating with people. That's just who I am. Yep...another thing I can't do right.
No comments:
Post a Comment