Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pretty great day today!

Woke up this morning feeling good. There's only one bumpie left under the right arm, and it's shrunk in size. You know the little colored balls on the end of a straight pin, well it's down from a pea to that. So not too much smaller, but still smaller. The other ones just went away. Didn't have to deal with draining or anything. Thank you Jesus! The bumpies in the lower area are gone. They did leave some scaring and sinus tracts. That's a bid depressing, and a little painful - not as painful as the bumpies that they took the place of. At this point, the only thing I can conclude is caffeine must play a part in this. So what I know so far...hormones, stress are absolutely triggers. The caffeine-free experiment began  as I was having those monthly hormonal surges and drops so this week I will test it and start to consume caffeine again. If I see a return, I will know. After that, I'll probably start limiting rather than omitting caffeine from my day. I'm kind of a bitch without some caffeine. I had 2 glasses of tea today. One regular and one unleaded. I'll tell ya, I was a whole new me after that regular tea.

If you're also on my facebook list then you've probably already heard this part...I got a bit spooked today when I came face to face with a scorpion. (shudder!!) We took some items to donate at Goodwill. Saw an old friend, Adolf, who was working there. We unloaded a desk and Adolf says "Nice scorpion" and points at the desk. Ryan starts poking it and the damn thing came to life. I of course jumped three miles back, ran to the truck and grabbed something to smash the thing with...it disappeared. My heart was racing and I was FREAKED OUT! Ryan found it again and started playing with it. I pulled off my shoe ready to smash it but it fell on Ryan's finger. I jumped and screamed like a girl. I am seriously deathly afraid of spiders...especially scorpions (and tarantulas). So...my dear Adolf did what any good friend would do...posted a picture of a scorpion on my facebook wall. I'm not even kidding, looking at the picture freaked me out. LOL. I didn't used to be this much of a girly girl. I'm not sure when this happened. Haha. Here is the picture that he posted. While it is a cool looking picture, it's freaky! Maybe it was payback for the gift I gave him 20 years ago...Thanks Dolfo. haha!



So, yeah....pretty great day today. I did think of another friend of mine when this was all going on. Lori makes these really cool necklaces with the "Free Range Scorpions" she comes across. They are pretty cool...I have to admit it - I just could never have one in my house. I'd be afraid that some how some way the thing may have lived through the process and may get out of his casing and attack me. Yes, I'm a bit paranoid. LOL.That being said, if the necklaces are your cup o' tea I'll post a link to her facebook fan page so that you can go like her and get ordering info.  So here's a pic and a link for ya:


And her facebook page: DonkStar Designs   Go check her out. She makes all kinds of jewelry with these creepy things. LOL. They're fascinatingly spooky.


I am still feeling a little "down" today. Maybe that's something that will pass in time. I'm thinking that the blues, or depression or whatever it is that's got me down is directly related to the HS. Makes since since it is hormone related. I wish there was a way for them to test and discover which hormone it is. Then maybe they could start an HRT to counteract / treat this mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment