Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It's been a while.

It's been almost a month since I felt the need to blog. The tea tree oil applied directly to the offenders seemed to help quite a bit. And now...yep, a new one in a new spot (sorta).  I am so ready for more research. I am so ready to be the guinea pig if needed. To make life even more enjoyable the IBS is acting up again. Oh the joys of being me. :~/

So I started Cosmetology school on December 6th. That's going great. As I expected, it's kinda giving me a release, something constructive and fun to do with my time. It's almost a stress reliever (but kinda stressful on a different level).  I've been lucky thus far not to have any flair ups since beginning school. Until now. I've been mostly doing manicures, pedicures and facials in school. Today I started to roll a perm for the first time on one of my mannequin heads.
While I'm glad to be doing something with hair, it's kinda hard. Much harder than it looks or I expected. My instructor did tell me that the mannequins are harder to roll because they have so many different lengths of hair in their heads.
It's different than anything I've done in the past, but a welcome change. Since I started having babies at such a young age, I did what I had to do instead of what I wanted to do. That's why I went into the medical field. I developed a passion for what I was doing, and I loved it. Still do. But hair is what I wanted to do when I was a kid, and I decided it's time to do it.

So...back to the HS. It's a nasty, ugly, painful, debilitating condition. I hate it!! I hate life with it!! Don't get me wrong, I love my life. I have the most wonderfully handsome awesome boys in the world. They are the light of my life. I just hate that HS has to be a part of my life. It HURTS! BAD!! With no comfortable position - sitting, standing, laying down--it all hurts. I do have to count myself as lucky at this point. The right axellae is stage 2 and the groin is stage 1 as of now. I'm going to do you the favor of not posting pictures, but if you're curious feel free to do a google image search. You won't find any of my personal pictures anywhere but you can get an idea of what it looks like. Just be warned...it ain't perty! This morning I woke to a pea sized bumpie in the southern region. Lucky for me it's not on the joint as it usually is. Blessing or not? Not sure yet. I don't want to have the bumpies anywhere, but I certainly don't want it to be in the exact spot it is in now. Dear Lord, please let this one be a one time thing!! I really don't think I can handle them in this particular place.
I did a tea tree oil bath soak tonight, which did offer minimal relief for a few minutes at best. I will apply some tea tree oil full strength in the morning after my shower, and hope and pray that it will work it's magic.

So Christmas is in a couple of days. Along with this time of year comes the promised stress. I guess that's probably not helping the HS department. I really need to stop stressing so much, and just take life One Day At A Time.  I just wish it was easy to do as it is to say. I wish the HS Institute had some clinics, physicians, research teams etc here locally. I would be first in line to sign up for whatever treatment option they felt would work. I would volunteer time to help find not only a treatment but a cure.

Well, there you have it. Just when I thought I might be able to live a semi-normal life, HS has to come up and slap me around a bit and remind me that I'm not but a pawn in it's ugly game of my life. DAMN IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment