Monday, November 28, 2011

I was doing well and then...

I have been bumpie free for a while now. In fact, October 16th was the last time I had any issues. I got a lot of stress off of my back that day. I've pulled that post. I don't know, some may have read it already. If so, I'm sorry. If not, you don't need to. Basically it was just me venting some frustrations. After that, I woke the next morning bumpie free. It was awesome!
Some people think that smoking causes HS. Some people are wrong. I quit smoking on 11/7. I have new bumpies that have reared their ugly heads since then. Yes, I have had a couple of small slips since my quit. The bumbies arrived both before and after that. So if smoking is NOT causing it, what is?

Stress? YES!
Caffeine consumption? Possibly.
Stress? YEP!
Smoking? Nope.
Stress? Uh-huh.
Hormones? Probably.

So now you easily queasy peeps may want to stop reading here. This is where I start documenting the information about this bout of bumpies.

Ok, don't say I didn't warn ya!

So as of the now, I have 3 bumpies. One in the right axilla and two in the groin. None of them have come to a head yet. The one in the axilla is about three-pea cluster size. It's in a really awkward place in there, as if there's a convenient place in the area. I can't really put my arm down all the way. It hurts, feels like pressure, and I guess there is with my arm against my body. The two "down there" are the worst. There is one on the right side that is about marble size. Did you ever play with marbles as a kid? You know there are two sizes, the traditional marble and the shooter. This one is most definitely a shooter, the bigger of the two marbles. Now normally these will be in the crease where the leg meets the body. Lucky for me, this one isn't. It almost is, but not completely. It's about a finger width inside from there. The one on the left is smaller. It showed up uninvited today, right in that normal place we just spoke of. It's only pea sized, thankfully. This makes for painful everything. You'd be surprised what puts pressure in that area! Sitting, laying down, standing, walking. At the risk of sounding repetitive, there is NO comfortable position / activity.
So, what I'm trying as of now...Tea Tree Oil. I've done the bath soaks in the past, well I'm trying it full strength applied directly to the offending bumpie. Please, God, let it help! I am so tired of the pain! Usually I can find a song that I relate to with all feelings. There is no song that I know that deals with physical pain.

Ok, you can look now.

No comments:

Post a Comment